I wanted to document all the vegan food in San Francisco that I recommend, mostly so that I can send this list to Couchsurfers.
Here is a Google Map that shows the locations of (most) of the restaurants: map.
- Gracias Madre: Mexican restaurant with a variety of dishes, desserts, and drinks.
- Indochine Vegan: Asian cuisine with tons of options and a few western dishes.
- VeganBurg: Burgers only with some strong side/dessert options, in a unique space.
- Shizen Sushi Bar*: Tons of vegan sushi options and sides.
- Papalote: Burritos and bowls that aren't too expensive. Highly recommend the Tofu Mole. This is my top pick.
- Rosamunde Sausage Grill: Has some good fake meat sausage options and many options for beer.
- Crazy Pepper: Tons of fake meat vegan chinese options. Also really close to my apartment.
- Mission Pie: Always has at least one vegan pot pie and other sweet pie options.
- Judahlicious: Light meals and juices available if you're in West San Francisco.
- Green's Restaurant*: Upscale vegetarian restaurant located on the coast with a great view.
I have only been to DNA Pizza and the reason I like them is because they don't solely use Daiya cheese. This section still needs some work.
- DNA Pizza
- Patxi's Pizza
- Cybelle's Front Room
- Bare Knuckle Pizza (Oakland)
- Lanesplitter Pizza (Oakland)
- Garden Creamery: Ice cream place with a few vegan options on rotation.
- Mission Pie: Always has a couple vegan sweet pie options and other desserts. By the slice or an entire pie.
* Haven't been here yet.